Fletcher Early Learning Centre is committed to offering the highest quality of child care available. It is our aim to ensure that our centre is unlike any other. Our promise is to provide our families with the very best in pre-school and early learning.
Our centre has been assessed by Department of Education against other centres and the National Quality Framework as ‘exceeding’ national quality standards. That is a huge accolade and one which our team are extremely proud of. There are not many centres that can boast that achievement! We have also been voted as finalists for the best childcare centre in Hunter and Newcastle for the past two years! Fletcher Early Learning and Montessori, will be the only centre to recognise that not all early learning settings and philosophies are appropriate for all children.
We have an incredible Montessori setting to the north and also a traditional early learning setting in our southern campus.
Our STEAM program (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) is an integral part of our offering and as such we have invested in a MicroEye station. We are one of only two early learning centres in the whole of Australia to own one! We join the likes of The Australian Museum and the National Maritime Museum in being able to offer this state of the art technology for our children.
Here is a snapshot of some of the things that make us different:
- We have been rated by Department of Education as EXCEEDING national quality standards!
- Winners in 2015 and 2016 for best childcare centre in Hunter and Newcastle! Finalists in 2017 and 2018 for the best childcare in the Hunter and Newcastle.
- The only early learning centre to have 2 campuses offering families a choice of two philosophies for your child.
- A Montessori and a traditional early learning environment.
- Incredible cutting edge Atelier teacher offering an innovative arts program. Watch our creative adventures via our instagram page @fletcherslittleartists.
- Outstanding fully qualified Yoga teacher visiting each room teaching healthy habits, body awareness and mindfulness. Keep up to date with weekly poses and mindfulness via our instagram page @fletcherslittleyogis.
- Featuring 2 experienced and accomplished chefs catering delicious, healthy meals. Our head chef works across the centre each week focusing on well being, healthy bodies and minds and developing practical life skills with the children.
- Culltural and allergy aware inclusive menus. Special dietary requirements are respected and our chefs have designed a fantastic system to ensure each child with an allergy or specific food requirement is provided with meals that adhere to each childs needs.
- One of only two centres in Australia to have a MicroEye station in their science program (the same microscope as the Australian Museum)
- No charge for public holidays!!
- State of the Art centre – with a strong focus on authentic educational resources and programs delivered by highly skilled, thoughtful and compassionate educators.
- Smart Board education allowing large scale research and unique learning opportunities. (interactive whiteboards)
- Dynamic Literacy rich environments and programs designed to help develop pre-reading and cognitive skills in preparation for school and life.
- French language program for 3-5’s delivered by our out of house french teacher Miss Marie.
- Self serve barista coffee station-start your morning with a freshly brewed coffee, tea or hot chocolate for only $2. (All money is then donated to charities across our community.)
- Picturesque community garden and animal farm-a place to relax among nature, enjoy the fresh air, appreciate our beautiful Monet and Van Gogh inspired art gardens. A space where you can visit and help grow and cultivate fruits, vegetables, herbs and traditonal bush tucker plants. Families are welcome to visit our 2 miniature ponies and chickens and help out in our gardens any time.
- Playgroup held every Tuesday and Friday-9:30-11:30. Come along to our educator run playgroup in our community garden, where you can enjoy a complimentary morning tea, interactive play experiences with your child and meet some new friends.
- School Readiness-Our preschool rooms provide incredible opportunities throughout the year to help prepare each child for the transition to Kindergarten. Including our much loved 'Lunch Box weeks' and numerous parent information nights working together with teachers from our local schools.
- Regular incursions-learning about exciting areas of african drumming, aboriginal culture, recycling and sustainability, being waterwise, looking after our teeth, animal safety, wildlife awareness, wellbeing and many more.
- Culture, traditions and celebrations from our diverse community are added into our calenders, explored and enjoyed. We welcome families from other cultures to visit their childrens rooms and help us continue to learn about different families and the world around us.
- Cot room visual and audio monitors – with 10 min sleep checks conducted and documented each day.
- Completely separate pre-school, baby and toddler play areas
- A fully staffed welcome desk to meet the needs of our families and community from 6.30am to 6.00pm
Fill out a Waiting List Application Form today!!!!!