Kira Kira (2 - 3.5 yrs)
Kira-Kira Montessori Program for Ages 2-3 Years
Once our children join the Toddler group, they develop basic motor coordination, independence and language skills. The Toddler materials may look simple, but they are precisely designed based on years of observation, experiment and study.
We understand that toddlers take a hands-on approach to life. They imitate elders in all their actions. Our educators and prepared environment will safely support your child’s drive to do things alone, and develop their confidence, sense of order, sensory exploration and a sense of competence. The environment is language-rich, with adults using proper nomenclature. Adults also support toddlers in communicating with each other.
As with any Montessori environment, the children’s activities are set out to entice the child to discover and explore. In this learning environment, children don’t only work independently but also learn by observing others, explore freely, and express their curiosity and creativity. A self-care area fosters toilet awareness and independence in maintaining personal hygiene (such as learning how to wipe one’s nose and wash hands independently). A sleeping area with individual floor beds that allows toddlers to exercise freedom in preparing for rest and allows them to get up independently once rested.
- Provide a safe, engaging, and nurturing learning environment that promotes curiosity and discovery
- Foster the growth of functional independence and autonomy
- Develop children’s sense of confidence, self-identity, belonging and community
- Promote respect for diversity and care for their environment
- Refine gross motor coordination and fine motor skills
- Foster the development of effective communication and social skills
Staff in the Kira Kira Room:
- Emma, Bachelor of Early childhood Teacher, Rroom Leader
- Brooke, Bachelor of Early Childhood Teacher,
- Hannah, working towards Diploma in Early Childhood, Room Leader
- Renay, Diploma in Early Childhood, Room Assistant
- Courtney, Diploma in Early Childhood, Room Assistant
- Rea, working towards Certificate lll, Room Asssistant