Why Choose Us
We are the only early learning centre to have 2 adjoining campuses offering our families a choice of two philosophies:
- A Montessori and a traditional early learning environment.
At Fletcher and Early Learning Centre we are committed to offering the highest quality of child care available. It is our aim to ensure that our centre is unlike any other. Our promise is to provide our families with the very best in pre-school and early learning.
We have also been voted as both WINNERS and FINALISTS for the best childcare centre in Hunter and Newcastle annually since we have opened! We have also been the WINNERS of NSW Awards for our exceptional and unique program.
Our STEAM program (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) is an integral part of our offering and as such we have invested in a MicroEye station. We are one of only two early learning centres in the whole of Australia to own one! We join the likes of The Australian Museum and the National Maritime Museum in being able to offer this state of the art technology for our children.
Here is a snapshot of some of the things that make us different:
- Picturesque community garden and animal farm-a place to relax amongst nature, enjoy the fresh air and appreciate our beautiful Monet and Van Gogh inspired art gardens. A space where you can visit and help grow and cultivate fruits, vegetables, herbs and traditonal bush tucker plants. Families are welcome to visit our grogeous Duck and chickens and help out in our gardens any time.
- Amazing NEW Bush tucker community garden created in collaboration with the team from OzTukka.
- Incredible Aboriginal mural storyline art work, created by local artist Jakeob Watson
- Completely separate pre-school, baby and toddler play areas.
- No charge for public holidays!!
- Incredible cutting edge Atelier teacher offering a unique innovative arts program. Watch our creative adventures via our instagram page @fletcherslittleartists.
- Outstanding fully qualified Yoga teacher visiting each room to teach healthy habits, body awareness and mindfulness. Keep up to date with weekly poses and mindfulness via our instagram page @fletcherslittleyogis.
- 2 experienced and accomplished chefs providing delicious, healthy and creative meals. Our head chef works across the centre each week focusing on well being, healthy bodies and minds and developing practical life skills with the children.
- Smart Board education allowing large scale research and unique learning opportunities (interactive whiteboards).
- Dynamic Literacy rich environments and programs designed to help develop pre-reading and cognitive skills in preparation for school and life.
- French language program for 3-5’s delivered by our out of house french teacher Miss Marie.
- School Readiness-Our preschool rooms provide incredible opportunities throughout the year to help prepare each child for the transition to Kindergarten. Including our much loved 'Lunch Box Weeks' and numerous parent information nights working together with teachers from our local schools.
- Cot room visual and audio monitors – with 10 min sleep checks conducted and documented each day.
- Regular incursions-such as African drumming, Aboriginal culture, recycling and sustainability, being waterwise, looking after our teeth, animal safety, wildlife awareness, wellbeing and much more.
- Culture, traditions and celebrations from our diverse community are added into our calendars to be explored and enjoyed. We welcome families from other cultures to visit their children’s rooms and help us to continue to learn about different families and the world around us.
- A fully staffed welcome desk to meet the needs of our families and community from 6.30am to 6.00pm
Fill out a Waiting List Application Form today!!!!!