The Pipita room is created specifically for children from 6 months to 24 months, an environment that is specially prepared for babies and infants before they can even walk or talk. It is a neat and orderly space that focuses on the Infant Education Program. This is to assist children in reaching their key developmental milestones by helping them to develop their psychomotor, fine motor, social and language skills.
Our trained Montessori teachers aim to create family partnerships to nurture and support each child’s unique learning opportunities as they form their intelligence and personality. Furniture, a sleeping room, and materials used in the Infant Program have been carefully selected to fulfil the needs of the quickly changing infant. It lays the foundation for life, as the first two years are the most fundamental for children and their potential.
This program provides planned, individualised developmental activities which develop the child’s:
- basic faith in themselves
- urge for independence
- self-esteem and confidence
- concentration span
This is achieved through continuity of activities to follow their routine that lays the foundation of language, movement, order and perception. We provide age appropriate, real life practical and sensory experiences to foster the development of life skills.
“The environment must be rich in motives which lend interest to activity and invite the child to conduct his/her own experiences.” – Maria Montessori
Staff in the Pippita Room:
- Christie, Diploma in Early Childhood, Room leader
- Ebony, Certificate lll in Early Childhood, Room Assistant
- Jessica, Certificate lll in Children’s Services, Room Asssitant
- Aynun, working towards Certificate lll in Children’s Services, Room Assistant
- Leigha, Working towards certificate lll in Children's Services, Float